Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Way

between the night and the dream
sifting through the galaxies of
things left unattended by my
ever moving soul

it was not going to be this way

the slow drift of blue notes
come pouring off the canvas
that has turned to something
apart from me

it was always going to be this way

first
no, it would need to come last
this is not an escape
all my defenses crumble
then
ah, but that is the beginning


it could never be this way

the little fool of my youth runs home
to surprise the whole of his kingdom
with magic he learned that day-
the day i disappeared

it is this way

1 comment:

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...