Saturday, January 22, 2011

Isolation

oh my god, what happened to you?
shuffling away to a slow end
stopping just long enough
to devise new ways of dying
slowly drifting into a darkened pool
of cumbersome inventions

easy
quick
still it wont come
grueling
protracted
like molasses in winter

don't let go
please, don't let go
my grip is strong
and i won't let you go
don't let go

but as if you were wearing
boots of lead
albatross around your neck
you drift away
pulled down by a heart of stone

oh my god

we stand about
the freshly turned earth
to lower you into you're last new home
i can't keep my mind from thinking
was it one too many nights with someone
or all the nights you should have been alone

1 comment:

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...