Saturday, January 22, 2011

Glimpse Of Me Forgotten

first
second
nothing more than last
again
ever
never
into the void forever

does anyone remember where i left my car keys?

she wore a face that reminded me of a stolen soul
trapped within her own heartbreak
and no pretty words will ever make her smile again
but
i had to try
sorrow grabs me like a magnet
i'm pulled under by it's magic

out the door and into the parking lot
a chance to feel something
anything
for me
for her

found those car keys-
on the chain
is a picture of you
and i remember
into the void no more

1 comment:

  1. This one actually surprised me. I had no intention of this ending where it did, but the ending just fell in my lap.

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...