Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Frankenstein

i can feel its presence
slow and methodical
never stopping, never tiring of the hunt
the stench of its raw breath
over my shoulder
i fear
i fear
nearer to the end i fear

i am caught in the viciousness of its trap
the beast from the darkest depths
unmentionable
indefinable
unforgiving
dear god what is this hell i've created

i am prisoner to its evil
and yet drawn to its power
the seizure of my very soul
i fear
i fear
nearer to the end i fear

this

this

silence

1 comment:

  1. As a Frankenstein geek I must point out the monster is not Frankenstein.

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...