Thursday, January 20, 2011

33d 20m North 44d 26m East

if ever my dear i should wish to give to you
the promise of my eternal love
do not wait, do not wait
fortune says do not hesitate
for it may be many days that i'll be gone
but for now, come with me down the lakeside path
hand in hand we'll walk along
and not think, no not think
of what may someday come
for it may be many days that i'll be gone

those words filled her memory
as tears streamed down her face
and her shaking hands grasped
the neatly folded flag presented to her
on behalf of a grateful nation

1 comment:

  1. This was written in '06. It's a bit dated, but I believe the meaning holds up.

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...