Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love And Venom (Serpent Blues)

the dreams of my youth pound like rain upon my modern life
confusion dwells in the hidden guilt of yesterdays sins

no recent shades of tranquility will cloud this wisdom unearned
as i fall upon the realization that i've crossed into informed darkness

the tree of loving i planted in my innocence refuses to grow
i have become non-existent in this land of milk and honey

for this life is unworthy of the grace that flows from the tears
of angels who have nothing left but love to counter

the venom my plantings have borrowed into the ground
love and venom the image and the reflection

me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...