Thursday, January 27, 2011

Poetic Past

read to me a poem that is true
from the heart and deep with meaning too
read to me a poem that makes me cry
that fills my soul with heavy sigh
read to me a poem that is full of art
a complex verse that tears at my heart
read to me a poem that motivates greatness in me
words that give sight to those who refuse to see

each time i scribble these words out to read
i'm stunned and stupefied at what i see
for all i need to keep me moving along
are the words of purity learned in my youth
those simple rhymes that filled my time
i keep them close to me next to my heart
and hope that the world will someday follow my lead
for all the truth that is sought by those who need
can be found in the lessons taught by two men of rhyme

so, i end this short poem with a thank and a plea
for those who don't get it, i hope they someday see
your poems of deep meaning and doubt
would never have happened if some girl had took the garbage out
and to read this poem you wouldn't have a clue
if a wonderful man hadn't given us a who

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...