Saturday, January 22, 2011

Of What Once Was Never

keep me in this trance suspended in the jelly
of your sacred memory and i'll live in the faded moments
when you took me out to play in the rainy streets
of a night when the moon laughed and the stars danced

and i will hold forever in my eyes
the tears i wanted to cry for you
when you were too frightened by love
to accept the fate you turned away

so when the moon smiles down upon you
while the stars sway to a island rhythm
look for me swimming in the pools of regret
and drowning in the seasons of change

1 comment:

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...