Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Scent Of Memory

entertaining the audience of regret that fills the auditorium of my mind
keep the fear hidden
don't let the stain of insignificance show
trust the voices
fool the masses, fool the watchers

all this will come to pass
all this will come to pass

sow the future seeds of deceit
prepare for the rising of the fall
stay true to the course of my own endangered destiny
defend at all costs what this pain has offered
to leave me with loosely folded memories scented with guilt

1 comment:

  1. Written in 2006.
    Infidelity- another one of my well mined themes.

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...