Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Stalker

in defense of my depravity i do cry
from the highest mountaintop i shout down the righteous
it is not i who has defiled you, left you sobbing at the gates
your abandonment was carried out long ago

the seeds of impropriety were sown well before my first days
my presence only ripened the nectar of human perversion
you consumed the knowledge of life
the flesh that has been infected is yours

now how mighty is the power you cast aside in search of more?
power for a mongrel such as i to thrive on
lust for infinity has weakened your will, corrupted your essence
in haste to covet all your eyes beheld, blackness has befallen

time comes for me to rise
i am nameless, shameless and my greed casts no reflection

beware, i stalk your heavenly night

1 comment:

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...