Saturday, January 22, 2011

Take Your Time

here it is
here it is
words full of time
and time full of memories
here it is
here it is
the meaning of all the words
the words finding meaning in your time and place
here it is
here it is
recite for me the pledge
honor and love, death and beyond
here it is
here it is
carved in smooth granite

i walked across the freshly turned earth
you were not with me
now i know you're alone
and i'll have to wait for you
here
here it is
i'll be waiting for you
but, my dear
take your time

1 comment:

  1. Please, give me your thoughts on the meaning of this. Most people just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...