Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finding The Way

I

i saw you standing on the precipice of forever
a hollow truth in your eye-
the knowledge that you have given everything
and received only memories
all the love that once shimmered in your soul
you gave away to become a ghost wandering the earth
and you spoke to me in visions of words unsaid
 
"weep not for me, i am but a vagabond, despicable, wicked and full of contempt. weep now for those who unknowingly throw themselves upon the altar only to be burned by the flames of their own making."

as the mists carried you out into the darkness
i looked upon this world of sinners and saints
with a new perception of love and beauty-
the truth in a mans heart cannot be measured or seen
it can only be imagined by the willingness of
all men to accept the inadequacies of the image in the mirror


II

the answer crept along the fringe of my mind for days
silently stalking my good senses, waiting for me to let my guard down
carefully planning an ambush of my resolve
i could feel the tingling presence of my own mortality
something touched my shoulder-
it was your voice once more flowing through the void

"all i possessed in your world, all those conquests of desire- they rip and tear at the meat of my soul. the answer that now stalks you can be your salvation or the key to an eternity of suffering."

my retreat was swift and cowardly, an exercise in fear
fear of knowing that this answer now attacking me
would worm its way around that dark part of my psyche and hold me hostage
i covered my eyes in disbelief and i wept like a child
something touched my mind-
love thyself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...