Saturday, January 22, 2011

What If The Movie Is Real

drenched in the music
i perform my act
every line delivered with
the grace of thespians of old
subtle gestures and well timed reactions
as the audience is enthralled

don't let it go
don't let it go

space
line
space
quote
space
line
rhyme

the candle drops to the floor
seeping wax now stains the carpet
and my world begins to burn

single voice now
comes to me
speaking in riddles
hidden in foreign tongues

here in the mists of my fragile memory
a dark figure walks the shoreline
searching for tiny civilizations
crushed by the tidal wave of fear
that swept away so many children
like unfinished ideas they drown
in a sudden flash of ambiguity
in silence they cry

don't let it go
don't let it go

but will the audience stay
for a second act of
lost desire and unforgiving doubt?

space
line
space
hide

sitting at a table
in a tiny restaurant
in a town just like this one
my bowl of soup now becomes a world to explore

sailing the sea of uncontrolled desire
aboard a slow boat to hell
i have forgotten more
than i ever needed to know
and that is enough to know
i can't return to the silent shore
i can never, ever really go home

to walk again the cracked sidewalks of my youth
unsafe merry-go-rounds
and blacktop playgrounds
no, i can't go back there
ever

don't let it go
don't let it go

and if i have forgotten the third act?
will you stay with me, here in the dimly lit room of my
shattered emotional state?

the actor bows
this performance his last
nevermore to appear

i let it go

1 comment:

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...