Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Secret Thoughts Of An American Male

I

in my mind...
a little man with an even smaller paintbrush is hanging from a cable painting a doorbell
(i can't explain this and i don't expect you to either, just sharing)
in my mind...
my cell phone charger when it's upside down (or would it be right side up?) is a cold uninspiring building with a snakelike entrance that connects to my brain
(still no explanations, just giving you the inside scoop)
in my mind...
a naked soccer team with large cocks plays musical chairs to the song "eat me alive" and it makes me feel oh so very british
(as if i would want an explanation to this one, but i like the song so the thought goes on)
in my mind...
a bald woman is licking my balls while pixies dance on her ass which has been painted red by joe montana
(i've written this one off as some leftover homosexual teen football fantasy, but i could be wrong if i'm not, at least i'm hanging out with joe montana)
in my mind...
i sleep with my eyes open
(i find this truly disturbing)

in real life...
i have painted a doorbell with a tiny paintbrush, painted it a wicked lime green
(the things we do when we're drunk)
in real life...
i work in a cold uninspiring shithole that is hardwired to my soul draining it of my precious essence
(but then again don't we all)
in real life...
it's time for afternoon tea!
(you really think i know why i'm thinking about cocks all dangling around?)
in real life...
i think i just need a blow job
(and i'm still hanging out joe montana, he's the asian guy downstairs)
in real life...
i live with my eyes closed because it's the only way i've ever know
(i find this only slightly cumbersome from time to time) 


II
and maybe that is where i went wrong-you know-taken that right instead of a left @ albuquerque-ala mr. funny bunny
but then i think-who gives a royal fuck?
locomotive breath is playing and i'm damn sure that he's right-"no way to slow down"
so then, we know my fate-casey jones here i fucking come!
seriously.....look at this fucking train wreck (see the scribbling above)
do you have any idea what the hell i'm talking about?
fuck no!
this kids is a mid-life fucking breakdown and to be honest there's a part of me that is hoping it kills me
hell i broke my promise to myself-
"if you're having a heart attack, let it kill you, get it done, don't slosh around in an empty shell like your father did for three years"
of course i didn't know i was having a heart attack until i was in the er-
"mr. strong, your troponin level is dangerously high and that is a sign of a heart attack, by the looks of your levels your body has been in this state for the last 3-4 days. how have you been feeling?"
fuck
i just went there to get rid of the fucking cough i had
god damn cock-suckers deprived me of my destiny!
so here i sit typing out a load of crap trying to wrap my mind around the complexities of pinball wizard and thinking about something i was reading a few days ago
writers must write-it's what they do
writers must write
writers must write
writers must write about their mid-life crisis
i must tell you all about this
cause-you all want to read it-you want to see this car crash
you can't help from looking at this mess of twisted words, this literary dung heap
and a little bit of each of you hopes it kills me too!
you can admit it-it's ok, i'm cool with that
most of you would like me to just shut the fuck up

(i sat in silence for about ten minutes after typing that, wondering if i should shut the fuck up then my ego kicked in)

my ego
my destiny
my nothing
to quote mr. wilson-"i'm a rock in a landslide"
-and so are all of you
that is the part that keeps me going

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...