Monday, June 20, 2011

The Reality of Being Me

it’s a scream inside my head
the wail of a thoughts suicide
a release of invention
through an earthquake of emotion


the spears have been sharpened, painted with my blood
and dipped in the poison of my soul
i will dance with the reaper tonight


an explosion of remorse fills my senses
sending the shrapnel of guilt out in all directions
turned inward the collapse of emotion
creating a new event horizon of rejection


doubt touches me, a brush of panic
as i pierce the intangible madness in the performance of duty


my honor has been buried in the grave of silence
condemned to wander the ages trying to make you proud


1 comment:

  1. Really nice to see your words again. "The wail of a thoughts suicide." I know that scream so very well. Sometimes you need a bit of sunshine in your life. ;-)

    There is another place that misses your words...

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...