Thursday, November 28, 2013

Remember 17? (It Still Is Really Damn Crappy)

sail away with me
far across the sea
just you and me
alone
the way i want it to be
sail away
far away
sail away with me

take a chance
you may win
find love again
he may have left you
in such a bad way
don't be blue
i love you

alone with you
to say what i can't wait to
soon this time will come
the words i've waited
my life to say
alone
with you
turn to say
i love you

stop the dawn from breaking
stop the world from turning
love
love
love
she loves me

this love
what it's been through
just to be alive
crying
trying
learning
yearning
do we have the passion
do we have the heart
this love seems so right
this love seems so right
this love has yet to really start

there is a light at the end
of this tunnel
guides me
you

only you
remained true
only you
pulled me through
from darkness into light
loving arms hold me tight
only you
gray skies to blue
only you
miracles you do
take me higher than eagles soar
love i so adore

here in my arms
all night long
hearts pounding as one
holding each other tight
this love so deep
this love so strong
can't be wrong
here in my arms

story of a boy and a girl
johnny and june
fell in love underneath a full moon
good times and fun
football games and simple things
kissing in darkness
top down
drive around
love in bloom underneath the full moon
then one day without warning
june said goodbye
what had johnny done
he thought this was love
johnny was so wrong
late at night
down by the woodshed
gun to his head
johnny entered the promised land

paradise is 17
the world stands still at 17
dreams come true
just sunshine and you
paradise is 17
just like 17
paradise doesn't last forever

1 comment:

  1. This is pieces of other things I wrote in high school that I pieced together. I think it's all crap, but it means something to my love, so it lives.

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...