Thursday, November 28, 2013

Oh, I Didn't See You Standing There

are you sure this is where we came in?
this room doesn't look the same
full of potential killers and unexpected madmen
andrew i think you made a wrong turn
timmy, what do you think?


breaking away from the strangers inside my head

who was that person that just left?

these eyes all look new to me

i'm here to turn in my badge
i can no longer ensure the safety of the passengers
find someone else to guard this train
i'm jumping off at the next town
taking timmy and andrew with me

no more voices to scream words without meanings

see, look they never stop coming

and some of them just don't belong here

drink
drinking
drunk

for those about to read this
for those about to run from this
for those about to return to never
swallow some more pills and meet me on the other side of the river
i'll show you my old house
take you to the playground where i dreamed of being somebody
we can hang ornaments on a tree
that never gave birth to christmas joy
we can eat crackers and cheese
and drink kool-aid in the july sun
pass our time in the dirt

or not

they say i preferred to play alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...