Thursday, November 28, 2013

And Nothing But

standing in the corner of my shadow filled room
cloaked in the robes of doubt and lies
you follow me still, always at my back
how long must i carry this burden?

the quest for knowledge
knows no boundaries
but the answers don't come cheap
the debt i owe is heavy
and the sandman knows just when to collect

the sands of time fall through the glass one by one
until the final grain slips and falls screaming
spiraling down to an uncertain future
how many more nights must i relive this dream?

older
each day
older
'til the valleys and hills
become smooth, vast unfeeling plains of nothingness
and my cold simple marker
tells you all of my fate
the window of perversion closed
and the fruitless masses of unrepentant bastards
run rampant over the desolate fields of this existence

run from the sandman, run
he collects tonight
run you twisted junkie
high on sacred knowledge, run
the sandman is close behind

looming large intimidating me from the shadows
flowing black robes of dark justice
the hand of the sandman falls on my shoulder
gripping tightly pulling me under, what escape have i?

the pit of eternal damnation opens up to receive me
as my quest comes to a fiery end, my breath held everlasting
my earthly torment over, i find peace
in the welcome arms of oblivion, my questions answered

in the end it's life and nothing but

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...