Thursday, November 28, 2013

Most People Are Afraid Of Living

death will be there when i get there
do i fear it?
why should i?
i have brought life into this world
and i have taken it out
i've looked into the eyes of death and seen the void
no, death i do not fear
at least not mine

i fear not being there
when my daughter is in need
i fear i wont be able to save her
should darkness befall
i fear my hands will not catch her
that she will be just out of my reach
in her hour of need

no, death i do not fear
it is these uncertainties
of life
that frighten the hell out of me

1 comment:

  1. I was on my way out the door when I got a frantic call from the wife saying our daughter was stuck at the top of a roller coaster. Later found out she was not even on the damn thing when it broke. The life of a father.......

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...