Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Wake-Up Poem

wretched watchers
waiting for wrath
wrinkled and worn
worthless worries
without the within
working for wants
why and/or why not?
washed up wiz-kid
walled and wincing
wondering and wailing
wearing less woven
wanton wrapping
who or where
whatever
whoa i’m wasted
winter witches
will water
whip the waiter?
won’t you whisper
when it’s windy
won’t you?
won’t you?
whisper to me softly when it’s windy
the why’s of this wandering wonder
and wish me secretly into your waiting
where the woven threads of love
will find you in the waking hours
wanting me to wrap my arms
around your weary soul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...