Thursday, December 25, 2014

Memory Acid

in the cobweb lined corridor that leads to my past
the paintings on the walls have a portentous look
as if to say “don’t go through that last door

memory has such a foul odor
it putrefies the senses
and turns the stomach
the dried vomit of lament
reminds me of all my wrong turns

there stands the monument i made
a grand statue to commemorate my innocence
a castle of ashes, slowly decaying
into the sea of regret it overlooks
too many years of tears pouring from the sky
like acid they corrode the ramparts

the faces in the paintings now screaming
as my hand turns the knob
the door to another world
free from the missteps of my past
the door to-

an empty hallway
with paintings for me to hang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...