Saturday, October 24, 2015

Waiting At Riverside

(at riverside) 
we all fall down as the ground reaches up to greet us 
(at riverside) 
the sounds of weeping swirls and the choir reaches out to hold us 

in the darkest shadows of timelessness the sound of memories and visions strike chords that become melodies 
emerging from the cacophony of regret the troubadour croons this new symphony of loneliness and i silently weep into my welcoming hands unaware of the invisible strangers who cast mystic shadows down the passages of my insecurity 

you are gone
 
blue vibrations slither into my sub-conscience becoming a helix of contradictions conspiring with wicked words to form the shapes of desolation that will spiral into the vanishing point while the seed of despair blooms under light of the autumn moon 

i’m alone 

here-
with the water at my side i wonder 
here-
as the world passes me by 
here-
in the darkened assimilation of absence 

hollow eyes covet the intentions that will begin the rape of my psyche 
my empty arms clutch fading scenes of happiness in days long gone relegating me here in the space between living and dying the coldest place i have ever known 

my live inverted 

as my empty mind clutches arms that no longer hold me i sense new found shadows creeping ever closer to my center filling me with the cool subtle feeling that this simple space of tender earth is the last place i will ever know 

my life diverted 

here-
as the ripples of time wash over me 
here-
with the reaper of dreams approaching 
here-
in the desolation of unknown thoughts 

(at riverside) 
we all fall down as the ground reaches up to greet us 
(at riverside) 
the sounds of weeping swirls and the choir reaches out to hold 
us now as the slow dissolve brings us to black 
everything comes together so neatly at the end of our film 
we watch as the colors and sounds invade our mind 
and we imagine-

just for a second that we are there in the movie holding onto something 
of what we’re not sure 
but there is something worth believing in 
worth living for 
and as the credits roll, the house lights come up 
we look around...... 
our perception has fooled us 
life never follows a script 

riverside is calling

1 comment:

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...