Saturday, October 24, 2015

Siege At The Palace Of The Lizard Prince

and once again i drift away 

it is this cold recess of the early winter chill 
that floats down from the northern regions 
giving me an all to familiar sense of unfathomable horror 
to know that within the seemingly tranquil night air lurks those unnameable creatures 
those takers of breath who stop at nothing in an attempt to consume the very fire of my existence 
i am alone in this fight 

i stand with every tendon stiffened to the point of intolerable pain 
poised for the next onslaught of terror 
the depths of which can know no description 
the whole of my being braced for another swirling decent into hellish madness 
another battle with the hideous beasts of a world that is driven by grotesque misery 

the hollow sound of bells shake the very foundation of the tower in which they reside 
sending tremors of dread along my once rigid spine as the bringers of chaos are unleashed 
they descend upon my sanity without remorse ripping at my mental state with a lustful vengeance 
i can not win this fight, the fiends of nothingness extinguish my life-force 
leaving my soul a mere portion for the foxes of the netherworld 

and once again the sunlight greets me

1 comment:

  1. I think this may go back as far as 2003-2004? The things you see when you have un-diagnosed Apnea and been without REM sleep in months....

    ReplyDelete

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...