Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Feeling Like I'm Almost Gone, But I Know I've Just Begun



a couple keys in my pocket
maybe one turns the power
on the drive wheel in my mind

oh stain
oh brain
it’s the land of a thousand dances in my soul and you are standing still

mouse looks for cheese in the dark
and finds the trap in my car
i set for beggars in the night

oh brain
oh stain
it’s a tidal wave of danger in the trunk of your slowly falling skirt

hands scramble to entertain
nothing to grip in reach
the shifter is missing, so lost

oh stain
oh brain
it’s a lifetime of winters inside the neon pink cascading from your palace

and i don’t even want to know why
and she don’t even feel the cry
of all the hounds that prowl the woods tonight

oh brain
oh stain
i think i’ll just lie down with love
or something else we could dream of

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...