Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sleep Nevermore

i kept my cards up close to my chest in a last ditch effort to walk away from this story alive
but you know what happens to non-believers preaching the phrases of madmen who climbed beyond the mountain's spire?

go on now my darling and say your last goodbyes

hold your head up high and don't let them see you cry
keep that first tear in until they see you fly
don't show them fear or give them a reason why

dance tonight on the knife edge of time in the dress you draped across my eyes

because you know what happens to lovers who refuse to bow on bended knee to the cycle of lies?

in this darkness take my hand and i will lead you to the alter of love and laughter and pain

and in that sunset of naked glory we'll burn so hot, so free and clean
wait not one second more for this last chance to be inside the starburst of grace
let my soul flow into your palace of lasting dedication and devote my words to your eternal flame


see the vanishing point of this solitary night and commit your sanctuary to my divine light

then hold me close as the small hours fade into the dawn and i will whisper goodnight
we've but one chance now- pull the trigger my angel in white 
see me slip away through the ripples in time 
don't you know i will always be the vision you can never deny?

the sun breaks through the vortex of myth

write my name on the parchment of mystery and hold it sacred
until we sleep nevermore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...