Monday, January 18, 2016

Some Stars May Have Planets Full Of Life Circling Them................Or Not

654-76-5591 
is someone’s social security number 
4751-8456-9512-0010 
is someone’s visa number 
(visa, it’s everywhere you want to be, and a few places you don’t want anyone to know about) 
317-651-0966 
is someone’s telephone number 
not of anyone i know 
just random numbers 
like life 
random 
uncertain 
ripe for the new fools of civilization to plunder

a mirror held up to my heart 
a photo you once took

hey timmy, i’ve got someone for you to meet 
his name is andrew 
he don’t talk much

i was playing in the dirt one day 
doing boy stuff 
building roads 
erecting buildings 
dropping firecrackers from model airplanes 
“bombing run complete”
“roger that, return to base” 
and a shadow appeared 
long and smooth 
with well refined lines 
she kissed me and ran home 
“caution: initial reaction to drug may cause lifetime dependency”

27-8-32 
was the combination to my locker freshman year 
the only one who could remember it had huge breasts 
then she somehow knew the combination to the locker next to mine 
she then knew the number to a locker upstairs 
me and the guy in the locker next to mine 
took turns talking about those breasts 
the rest of freshman year

506 
was the street address of my first time 
she felt like warm summer mist falling gently on my skin 
she was so surprised to hear me say “i love you” 
but not as surprised as i was, the words just slid out of my mouth 
like a skier plummeting down the slop of an unforgiving mountain 
or my heart the day the guy she left me for 
told me he was going to be a daddy

4-17-90 
was the day i got married 
the day i thought my life was over 
much too young we were then 
but not as young as i feel today 
or as old as i felt the nights i made you cry 
but that’s behind us 
like random misadventures in a forest of selfishness 
i’m so glad you waited on me

7-5-05 
is the day i’m writing this 
and i don’t really know why 
random voices i guess 
like numbers in a lottery 
wanting to be picked

we are all random acts of nothingness 
just waiting to be something

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...