Sunday, January 10, 2016

I've Got This Eternity to Hide

don't tell me 'bout good times
don't tell me 'bout the smiles
i've been waiting for them in tears
don't tell me to enjoy this
don't tell me all the lies
i've been living them for years


after all the sorrow runs down my cheek
will there be a reason to stand up?
when the laughter comes too hard now
will anyone give a damn?


no- just leave me in a shoebox 
no- just leave me the shadow
i've got nowhere left to lie


don't tell me 'bout my triumphs 
don't tell me 'bout the times i tried
i've failed too much wonder why
don't tell me 'bout forgiveness 
don't remind me of my lies
i'll need them when i die


the ghost of reason lingers in the hall now
she knows it's time to stand aside
the voice of silence speaks to my battered mind-
"no one gives a damn"
.

yes- just leave me in the distance
yes- just leave me in goodbye
i've got this eternity to hide


please turn out the lights..good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...