Saturday, May 16, 2015

Because...

because love is never simple
because love is never easy
or perhaps that's just us
who we are
i the extremist 
you the quiet mouse

because loving you has been so simple
because loving you has been so easy 
or perhaps that's just me
you the passenger on my roller coaster 
i the madman at the wheel

because loving me has been a puzzle
because loving me has been a tempest in a teacup 
or perhaps that's just you
i the doctor of dramatics 
you the actress on the stage

because life has never been a dream
except when we're alone
and the world can't intrude
that my dear is just us
we the frightened dreamers
holding onto each other 
because together we are something special
and nothing in heaven or earth can change that

just because.....may i kiss you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...