Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Lost Adventures of Artemis Dobro: Episode X (The Demise of Artemis Dobro and the Birth of Lucian Nighthawk)


the sky rumbles, twisting and churning in me the color of occhiolism
time....is never the story you wish to tell
i touched grace and vengeance in orgasms of sound
flew with pixies and danced with angels
but it was never enough
never enough to sway the masters of fate
your true beauty i could never reach
your purity i could never become
my darkness you could never hold

dawn is ever fleeting
dreams are but shadows in the palace of my past
come now-
the hour of my death is at hand
resurrection planned

projectionist load the reel
ushers bring the house lights down
the long night of my soul is about to begin

and then i felt the mountains crumble
the seas swirled in agony
the moon, it split before my eyes and bled 
pouring my soul over the cosmos
you did not feel me as i expired
you did not hear my song
spiraling into another realm
driving into the chaos

let this be the time of burning
burn my history on the cross of loneliness
and anoint me as i fade away

anubis, cleanse my essence and protect me though this journey
osiris grant to me the stillness of the darkened sky and ferry me 'cross the river
isis, thy womb be the cradle of the reborn i
horus, gaze upon me with your knowing eye and with your chariot deliver me to the palace of nestor for i must drink with dionysus and copulate with persephone before my time in this ethereal realm has past

arise! lucian nighthawk! arise!

the last reel loaded, the credits roll
house lights flicker into being
another story to be told

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anna, She Drives the Big Van While I Smile and Wave at the Creatures Along the Highway

  these broken boxes of dreams scattered about the lime green waters sleeping in icy caverns beneath the surface of moons i long ago forgot ...